1. Cut corn from cobs (boiled for 8 minutes in water, and 1cup milk).
2. Heat butter in large sauce pan, medium heat. (If preparing with Chicken Kalbi, cook in same pan with remaining pan drippings).
2. Add garlic and pepperoncini to pan, turning up heat to medium high, sauté just short of caramelizing (it will finish in subsequent steps), approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add corn to pan, reducing heat a bit, breaking up clumps with spatula as required. Sprinkle with pepper, salt, and coriander to taste, stirring frequently. Sauté for about 4 minutes scraping the pan to return caramelized portions to the mixture.
4. Add the diced tomato (about 1/4") and toss till just heated (avoid overheating so tomato remains mostly intact and fairly firm to maintain bright flavor).
5. Plate on warmed plates as a side (complements my Chicken Kalbi well), with an artful sprinkle of the balsamic vinegar to finish.
Great way to use left over corn on the cob (we always seem to make too much), but drained canned kernel corn (creamed corn will not work) does well as a substitute.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.8g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 466.1mg||16 %|
|Potassium 677.5mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 31.5g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 217
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!