1. Put chunks if lamb in water just covered. Turn on heat until first boil. Do not add salt until later because salt takes water from meat.
2. Once water slightly boils, remove residue at the top of the water (the fat from the meat) in the frothy part. Add one white onion, cut in half.
3. Put into the same pot with the water, meat, and onion: 2-3 sticks of cinnamon, ~1 tablespoon of pepper, ~2-3 tablespoons of cardamom. Add 2-4 pieces of Mistique (optional). Simmer on low heat until the meat is tender. Add some salt towards end.
4. Remove onion and cinnamon sticks from the pot.
5. Boil the broad beans.
6. Blend ~3-4 fresh red tomatoes (add 2 tablespoons red tomato paste for color if needed).
7. Add beans and blended tomatoes to the meat pan and keep lightly boiling.
8. Fry garlic (chopped and mashed with salt) in some vegetable oil till light brown. Then add ground corriander seeds or fresh chopped corriander and mix over heat just for a bit.
9. Add the garlic/corriander mixture to the main pot.
10. Taste and salt and pepper to taste. Add juice of half a lemon if needed.
Serve over rice.
It is best to find fresh cardamom seeds and grind them fresh. Also, add less tomato sauce to make it more like Zeinat's.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (157g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 950 (95%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 105.5g||141 %|
|Saturated Fat 48.2g||241 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 43.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8g|
|Cholesterol 134.4mg||41 %|
|Sodium 46.9mg||2 %|
|Potassium 144.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 1.1g|
|Protein 10.1g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1001
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!