1. Clarify the butter. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat just to melt.
2. Prepare the vinegar reduction. In a saucepan, mix the red wine vinegar, shallots, tarragon, dry white wine and black pepper. Over medium heat, bring the the mix to a boil until reduced to half.
3. Strain into the top portion of a double broiler.
4. Whisk in the egg yolks.
5. Place the top portion of the double boiler over the bottom of the double boiler containing hot water. Make sure that the hot water is not touching the bottom of the pan with the egg mixture, Whisk continuously.
6. As soon as the yolk mixture begins to thicken slightly, remove the pan from above the hot water and continue whisking.
7. Turn off the heat and add ice cubes to the bottom of the double boiler to cool the hot water a little.
8. Put the pan of yolk mixture back above the hot water. Whisk in the melted butter, drizzling it very slowly.
(NOTE: If at anytime the sauce looks as if its about to break, remove the pan and continue whisking to cool it down or whisk in 1 teaspoon of cold water.
9. With constant whisking, whisk in the salt and cayenne.
10. When all the butter is incorporated, add salt or cayenne to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (14g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 872.9mg||30 %|
|Potassium 5.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.1g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!