Add the flour, yeast, salt to a bowl, mix together.
Add the water and bring it all together to a sticky dough as shown.
Cover the bowl and set the timer for 45 minutes.
After the 45 minutes take the dough out of the bowl and with wet hands knock the dough back by giving it 5 or 6 turns. Repeat this procedure another 3 times
5. After the last 45 minute rise, turn out the dough onto a well floured surface and divide the dough into 4 equal pieces and pre-shape them as shown in the video, cover them with a piece of oiled cling film / plastic wrap and let them relax for 15 minutes.
6. After the 15 minutes form the pre-shapes into the baguettes and place them onto the well floured bakers Couche cloth as shown in the video, set the timer for 20 minutes
7. After the 20 minutes reset the time for a further 10 to 12 minutes while the oven heats up to 220°C / 420°F / Gas mark 7 to 8, also place a tray of hot water on the bottom shelf of the oven.
8. Place the baguettes on lightly greased baking trays, spray with a little water and score the baguettes as shown in the video.
9. Place the baguettes in the hot oven, spray inside the oven with water as shown, and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, remove oven and place on a wire rack until cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1220g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!