1. In medium bowl - stir 1 Tbsp each soy sauce and sherry; 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp sugar and generous grind of black pepper until sugar has dissolved. Stir in beef. Let stand 15 min.
2. In small bowl, whisk remaining 2 tsp each soy sauce and sherry. 1 tsp each cornstarch, sugar, broth, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
3. In 12in skillet heat 1 1/2 tsp peanut oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl oil to coat skillet. Spread half of beef in a single layer. Cook undisturbed for 90 seconds to sear, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Transfer to plate. And repeat with remaining beef.
4. Add 2 tsp of peanut oil and broccoli to skillet; stir-fry for 1 minute. Make a well in center and add remaining peanut oil, scallion, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry until just fragrant about 30 seconds. Add 1/3 cup water and cover skillet; steam until broccoli is just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Return beef to skillet. Wisk sauce and add to skillet. Cook, tossing well, until sauce is bubbling and thickened, about 1 minute.
Serve with jasmine rice if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (124g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 127 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.1g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 29.9mg||9 %|
|Sodium 387.8mg||13 %|
|Potassium 328.2mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 5g|
|Protein 19g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 231
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!