1. With a meat pounder, pound the meat between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until you have wide, thin strips.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and sake; stir to dissolve the sugar.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Add the meat and turn to coat with the marinade.
5. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour, turning the meat from time to time.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, sake and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar.
7. Add the Asian pear, scallions, onion and sesame seeds.
8. Pour the sauce into 6 small bowls.
9. Light a grill. When the fire is hot, arrange the meat on the grill and cook for Bu1 to 2 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
10. Transfer the meat to a platter and arrange the romaine leaves alongside.
11. To eat, wrap a piece of meat in a lettuce leaf, dip the bundle in the Asian pear sauce and pop it into your mouth.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (882g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 94 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.4g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5468.8mg||189 %|
|Potassium 3323.4mg||87 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.5g||46 %|
|Sugars, other 27.7g|
|Protein 18.8g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 310
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.