1. Place slices of beef on a large platter, overlapping them slightly.
2. Scatter arugula over top of the beef. (The quantity of arugula given is a very rough estimate.)
3. Drizzle with olive oil and and sprinkle with salt. Add a generous serving of fresh ground pepper.
4. Shave parmesan over top of the salad, distributing evenly. (I use a vegetable peeler for this.)
5. Just before serving, add a pomegranate seeds and sprinkle lemon juice on top.
Sorry to not be more precise about quantities. See my photo to get an idea :-)
This recipe is based on one by David Rocco (http://www.davidrocco.com/recipes/salads/beef_pomegranate.asp). See his web site for advice on how to prepare the beef if you don't have a butcher slice it for you. Doing it yourself adds considerably to the preparation time!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (249g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 197 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.8g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.4g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 74.8mg||23 %|
|Sodium 1228.8mg||42 %|
|Potassium 671mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 15.6g|
|Protein 24.5g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 368
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.