Preheat oven to 300?.
1. Heat oil in a small Dutch oven over medium heat. Add beacon and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is lightly browned.
Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a large plate.
2. Add garlic; cook 5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high.
3. Add beef to pan; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove beef from pan.
4. Toss the carrots, and onions, t tablespoon of salt and 2 teaspoons of pepper in the fat in the pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned
5. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
6. Add the Cognac. Stand back, and ignite with a match to burn off the alcohol.
7. Put tne meat and bacon back in the pan with the juices,
8. Add the wine and next 7 ingredents and enough of the beef broth to cover the meat and bring to a boil.
Cover and bake at 300? for 2 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles.
Combine 2 tablespoons butter and flour with fork and stir into stew
Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for 10 minutes until lightly browned and add to stew.
Bring stew to boil on top of stove, lower the heat and simmer for 10 min.
Sprinkle with parsley
Note: To make in a slow cooker, prepare through Step 8. Place beef mixture in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
CALORIES 367 (31% from fat); FAT 12.8g (sat 4.3g,mono 5.8g,poly 0.9g); IRON 4.3mg; CHOLESTEROL 105mg; CALCIUM 76mg; CARBOHYDRATE 33.4g; SODIUM 776mg; PROTEIN 29.1g; FIBER 3.9g
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (550g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.2g||31 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 20.3mg||6 %|
|Sodium 448.3mg||15 %|
|Potassium 469.2mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 16.9g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 330
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!