• Place flour in a shallow plate and add some salt to it. Mix well. Dredge short ribs on both sides, shaking off any excess flour.
• Heat olive oil over high heat in a large Dutch oven. Add the short ribs and brown on each side for 3-4 minutes until golden. Reserve and repeat until all ribs are browned. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, place ¼ cup of beef broth and add the Oaxaca paste. Whisk until fully mixed. Set aside.
• Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to dutch oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables caramelize. Deglaze with red wine, then add the tomatoes and the Oaxaca mixture. Bring to a simmer and add the ribs back to the pan.
• Cover and cook for 1 ½ hours or until the meat from the ribs almost falls off the bone. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and provecho!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (225g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 270 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.8g||59 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 105.8mg||33 %|
|Sodium 786.4mg||27 %|
|Potassium 478.3mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.6g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 25.5g|
|Protein 29.8g||43 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 496
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!