1) Heat oven to 160 degrees (c).
2) Season the cubed beef with the salt & pepper.
3) Brown the beef in the oil & then set aside.
4) Add the onions, garlic, & balsamic & cook for 5 minutes getting up all the browned bits in the pan.
5) Add the puree and cook for 2 minutes.
6) Add the beef back in along with the flour. Stir till the flour has combined.
7) Add the wine, stock, water, bay leaf, thyme, & sugar.
8) Bring to the boil and then place in the oven for 2 hours.
9) Add the roughly slice carrots, and braise for another hour.
Option: Add dumplings with the carrots.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (625g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 608 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 67.6g||90 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.7g||99 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 16.4g|
|Cholesterol 154mg||47 %|
|Sodium 611.7mg||21 %|
|Potassium 1280.6mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 15.3g|
|Protein 47.5g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 990
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!