1. In a large, oven proof pot, sauté bacon over medium heat until golden brown and fat is released . Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon into a separate bowl.
2. While bacon is cooking, place beef in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 cup flour and toss to combine and evenly coat beef. Transfer beef in batches into the hot bacon fat and cook over medium high heat, until beef is browned. Add olive oil if needed. Transfer browned beef to the bowl with bacon.
3. Sauté mushrooms in non stick pan with a small amount salt and pepper.
4. Add 2 cups of wine to the park and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom to deglaze the pan. Add sliced mushrooms and simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add sliced carrots, diced onion, and four chopped cloves of garlic. Sauté for about four minutes then add a tablespoon of tomato paste and sauté another minute. Transfer veggies to the soup pot.
6. Add 4 cups of beef broth, two bay leaves, 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Return the beef and bacon to the pot then add the potatoes. Stir to combine and make sure potatoes are submerged in liquid. Bake at 325°F for one hour and 45 minutes.
7. Serve with French bread or bread baked with garlic butter and mozzarella.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3727g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 964 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 107.1g||143 %|
|Saturated Fat 30.6g||153 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 53.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.5g|
|Cholesterol 115.7mg||36 %|
|Sodium 4873.2mg||168 %|
|Potassium 5599.8mg||147 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 177.2g||52 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21g||84 %|
|Sugars, other 156.2g|
|Protein 58.5g||84 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2206
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!