1) Place bones in large roasting pan and bake at 450 degrees for 1 hour or until they are golden brown. Turn the bones after 30 minutes to ensure even browning.
2) In a large stockpot, saute the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in the oil over high heat for 7 minutes or until caramelized (or place vegetables in with bones for the last 45 minutes and stir occasionally).
3) Add tomato and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the red wine and continue to cook until most of the wine is cooked out.
4) To create sachet: gather loose spices into cheesecloth, and tie shut.
5) Add the browned bones and sachet to the stockpot.
6) Drain the grease from the roasting pan, scrape the bottom of the pan and add the scrapings to the stockpot. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and slowly simmer for 6-8 hours, or until reduced to 2 quarts, periodically skimming away the impurities that rise to the surface.
7) Strain the stock through a fine mesh sieve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (36441g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22929 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2547.7g||3397 %|
|Saturated Fat 1495.1g||7475 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 783.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 138.6g|
|Cholesterol 9354.2mg||2878 %|
|Sodium 34453.2mg||1188 %|
|Potassium 100209.7mg||2637 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3299.2g||970 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.2g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 3289g|
|Protein 2202.3g||3146 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 45136
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.