1. Heat a frying pan until hot, then add half the butter. When foaming, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until just softened.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomato pur?e, mustard and paprika and cook for a further minute.
4. Add the beef stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
5. Season the beef with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Heat a separate frying pan and add the remaining butter. When foaming, add the beef and fry for 2-3 minutes on both sides, until browned all over.
7. Add the brandy and carefully allow to flamb? in the pan. (CAUTION: make sure there are no flammable materials above the pan when flaming.)
8. Add the soured cream to the onion and mushroom mixture and mix well.
9. When the flames have subsided, add the beef to the soured cream and mushroom mixture and cook for one minute. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the parsley.
Serve on a bed of fluffy rice
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (331g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 417 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.4g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.8g||119 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 147.4mg||45 %|
|Sodium 357.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 718.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 5.4g|
|Protein 26.9g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 629
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.