- Sprinkle beef strips with liberal amount of salt and pepper
- Add onions to beef and toss well.
- Let marinate together, cover an hour.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in large skillet over medium heat and wisk in flour.
- Stir constantly and cook a minute, slowly stir in broth and continue stirring until mixture is bubbly and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato puree and remove from heat.
- In separate skillet, melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and 2 tsp oil.
- Add beef, onions, garlic, and sliced mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add beef mixture to sauce and simmer over very low heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Remove skillet from heat and just before serving stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles and garnish with parley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (804g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 469 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 52.1g||69 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.7g||128 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 148.1mg||46 %|
|Sodium 1815.4mg||63 %|
|Potassium 1075.6mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 12.4g|
|Protein 43.9g||63 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 701
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!