1. Coat meat in salt and pepper mix.
2. Sear in a hot sauté pan with olive oil on both sides until caramelized.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. Meanwhile add red wine to the sauté pan scrape the bottom of the pan to free up the drippings and reduce the volume by 75%.
5. Add the stock and repeat the reduction.
6. Remove the sauce from the heat and slowly whisk in half of the butter, a few pieces at a time until it is incorporated into the sauce, correct the seasoning with salt and pepper, set aside until ready to serve.
7. Lay out 4 sheets of phyllo, brush with the melted butter, sprinkle the bread crumbs in the center, put meat on top spread the mushroom mixture on the top of the meat, then roll the dough over the meat and fold underneath.
8. Brush the package with melted butter and place on a baking pan and roast in 350 oven for 40 minutes, or until medium rare.
9. Serve sauce over the top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (197g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 194 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.5g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 66.8mg||21 %|
|Sodium 349.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 438.4mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 8.9g|
|Protein 18.2g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 336
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!