1. Marinate the beef. Set aside for 15 to 30 minutes on counter or 2-4 hours in refrigerator. If you refrigerate, take out and leave on counter for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare vegetables. This can be done ahead.
3. Prepare sauce and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to a hot wok. Add beef and stir fry until almost done. Remove and set aside. Wipe out the wok if necessary.
5. Add 1 tbsp oil to the hot wok and add the vegetables. Add up to 1/4 cup broth. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Return meat to wok and add sauce to the center. Stir fy until everything is fully incorporated and vegetables are crisp tender. Thin with additional chicken broth or water, if necessary.
7. Dish out and garnish with the green onions. Serve with steamed rice.
For a richer sauce and a variation, add 1 tbsp Black bean sauce with garlic to the marinate. You can add chili paste (to taste) if you like it spicy.
Growing up, my mother made this often. I use an outdoor portable propane burner and wok, as I don't have a gas stove. I cooked stir-fries for years on electric stoves. Once I tried it on gas, it's not even an option going back to electric. The wok gets so much hotter and everything turns out exceptionally good.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (484g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 173 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.3g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.3g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 105.1mg||32 %|
|Sodium 1111.1mg||38 %|
|Potassium 980mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 131.5g||39 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 126.5g|
|Protein 43.6g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 893
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!