1. Season meat with salt and pepper and place in 9 X 13 inch pan
2. Cover brisket with mushrooms and onions
3. Combine ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, garlic and beer and pour over meat.
4. Cover first with a sheet of parchment paper and then tightly wrap with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 4 hours.
5. Remove parchment paper and foil, and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes more.
6. Remove meat from pan, scraping back into the pan the mushrooms and onions from the top of the meat.
To make gravy:
1. Use an immersion blender, or a Vitamix, to blend all remaining pan ingredients into a gravy. Gravy will have a slightly thickened quality to it. slice the meat and pour the sauce over it.
2. Add salt, pepper, or other seasonings to taste. We like it as it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (426g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 520 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 57.7g||77 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.8g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 205.6mg||63 %|
|Sodium 438.6mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1126mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 17.3g|
|Protein 57.3g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 848
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!