This recipe produces a most tender brisket with a sauce that is even better than the brisket. Keeps for a couple of days. For reheating, slice the brisket thinly and put into a frying pan, cover with sauce and reheat gently until brisket is warm.
1. Season meat with salt and pepper and place in 9 X 13 inch pan
2. Cover brisket with mushrooms and onions
3. Combine ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, garlic and beer and pour over meat.
4. Cover first with a sheet of parchment paper and then tightly wrap with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 4 hours.
5. Remove parchment paper and foil, and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes more.
6. Remove meat from pan, scraping back into the pan the mushrooms and onions from the top of the meat.
To make gravy:
1. Use an immersion blender, or a Vitamix, to blend all remaining pan ingredients into a gravy. Gravy will have a slightly thickened quality to it. slice the meat and pour the sauce over it.
2. Add salt, pepper, or other seasonings to taste. We like it as it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (426g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 520 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 57.7g||77 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.8g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 205.6mg||63 %|
|Sodium 438.6mg||15 %|
|Potassium 1126mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 17.3g|
|Protein 57.3g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 848
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.