Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; beat well.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
4. Form dough into ball and wrap in plastic wrap for a minimum of 4 hours (dough will be sticky!)
Four hours later...
5. Roll out dough to desired thickness on lightly floured work surface.
6. Cut into gingerbread people shapes with cookie cutters and place on parchment covered baking sheets.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes MAX(do not over-bake!); cookies will continue to bake on sheets after removed from oven.
8. Cool on baking sheets on stove or wire rack for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan to wire racks; cool completely.
Decorate cooled cookies as desired with favorite frosting (i.e. Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (30g)|
|Recipe Makes: 28 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 47 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.2g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 19.7mg||6 %|
|Sodium 84.3mg||3 %|
|Potassium 71mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 17.1g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 125
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!