1. Place 4 TBSN butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet and put skillet in 350 oven10 minutes or until butter melts.
2. Meanwhile, toss berries with ¾ cup sugar in a large bowl
3. Sift together 1 ½ cups flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, vanilla and remaining ¼ cup sugar
4. Add hot melted butter to flour mixture, stir until blended. Pour batter evenly into skillet. Pour berry mixture into center of batter
5. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and a wooden pick comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Serve vanilla inc cream, if desired
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (448g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.2g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 20.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 128.3mg||4 %|
|Potassium 552.2mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 102.1g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.6g||91 %|
|Sugars, other 79.5g|
|Protein 8g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 508
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.