These are wonderful for just throwing in your favorite ingredients---I don't need any other muffin recipes. Editing to add, based on a recent review: Be sure not to overmix muffins; if you do, they will be tough. They should still be lumpy when you are finished mixing them.
1. Preheat oven to 400F (205?C).
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the center.
4. In a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork.
5. Stir in milk and oil.
6. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
7. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat.
8. The batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX. This will create tough/heavy muffins.
9. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
10. Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries.
11. Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins.
12. Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates.
13. Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese.
14. Bacon Muffins: Fold 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon, broken into bits.
15. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
�Great basic recipe. I used them for my mothers birthday breakfast and added various berries to batter. Very good as long as you don''t overmix. Adding vanilla and maybe numeg and/or cinnamon also added to flavor. Will definitely try these again.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (564g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 405 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45g||60 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12g|
|Cholesterol 216.4mg||67 %|
|Sodium 4360.6mg||150 %|
|Potassium 510mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 344g||101 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||30 %|
|Sugars, other 336.5g|
|Protein 33.4g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1903
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!