1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease and flour 3 - 8-in cake pans (2 - 9-in pans, 1 9 x 13-in pan or a couple dozen cupcakes).
2. Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt on low speed for a minute to fluff them up. Add butter and oil and continue mixing for another minute until incorporated.
3. Add the egg whites one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add the milk and vanilla a little at a time and then beat on high speed for two minutes. The batter should be thick and fluffy.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool completely before frosting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (410g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1081 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 120.1g||160 %|
|Saturated Fat 65.7g||329 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 35.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.7g|
|Cholesterol 181.8mg||56 %|
|Sodium 605.6mg||21 %|
|Potassium 697.1mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.8g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 12.5g|
|Protein 18.4g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1196
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.