1. Coarsley mash 1 1/2 cups off the strawberries with 1/3 cuo sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in remaining berries and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla. Let stand at room temperaure.
2. Heat oven to 425F. Line large baking sheet wut parchment paper or foil. Whisk flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl. With pastry blender or fingertips, cut butter into flour mixture until soze of small peas. Combine buttermilk and 1/2 cup cream; stir into flour mixture just until dough forms.
3. Spoon dough into 8 mounds about 2-3" apat on a baking sheet. Pat into 3" rounds about 1" thick; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake for 10-12 ,inutes or until shortcakes are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack until slightly warm.
5. Beat all whipped cream ingredients in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Split shortcakes, fill with berries and whipped cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (267g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 234 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.9g||80 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 84.6mg||26 %|
|Sodium 628.6mg||22 %|
|Potassium 276mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 83.4g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 80.3g|
|Protein 5.4g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 576
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!