1. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl beat egg yolks slightly. Stir in milk and oil.
3. Add egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (should be lumpy).
4. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight up).
5. Gently fold egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white, Do not overmix.
6. Spoon waffle batter into your waffle iron, making sure not to overfill it.
7. Serve with real maple syrup and unsalted butter.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (333g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3|
|Calories from Fat: 393 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.7g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.7g|
|Cholesterol 279.7mg||86 %|
|Sodium 173mg||6 %|
|Potassium 205.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 101.3g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 97.7g|
|Protein 19.5g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 881
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.