1) Top and tail the beetroots - without peeling them - and place them in a large pan of boiling water. Simmer for 35 minutes until they are fully cooked, then remove them from the pan and set aside to cool.
2) While the beetroot is cooking, in another small pan gently heat the almond milk, along with the bay leaves and horseradish sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer, then remove from the heat and leave to steep.
3) In a deep frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over a medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to make a roux, cooking gently for around two minutes. Next, strain the almond milk into a pitcher, then slowly pour this over the roux, bit-by-bit, whisking all the while until you have a thick and creamy sauce.
4) Keep the sauce over a low heat and add the yeast, salt, and pepper. Mix in the cashew cream and stir well, then remove from the heat.
5) Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan. Using gloved hands, use your fingers to rub the peel from the cooked beetroot. Next slice, the skinned beetroot into 5mm thick discs.
6) Layer the beetroot slices in a deep, ovenproof dish, and then pour your sauce over the top. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs, seeds, and cheez over the top, then bake for 22 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (150g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 565.4mg||19 %|
|Potassium 573.8mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.1g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 10.7g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 164
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!