1. Carefully cut out the core from each head of lettuce and separate the leaves, but keep each head of lettuce together; discard any tough outer leaves. Because each head of lettuce will be reassembled, the easiest way to work is with one head at a time. First, place the leaves in a bowl of cold water to refresh them and remove any dirt, then life out an spin-dry in a salad spinner.
2. Place the leaves from a single head of lettuce in a bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, a few grinds of pepper, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the shallots and chives, and 1 tablespoon each of the parsley, tarragon and chervil. Then toss gently with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Repeat with the remaining heads.
3. For each serving, arrange the outer lettuce leaves as a base on the plate and rebuild each head of lettuce, ending with the smallest, most tender leaves.
1. Combine the mustard and vinegar in a blender and blend at medium speed for about 15 seconds. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the 1/2 cup of the oil. Don't be tempted to add all the oil to the blender or the vinaigrette will become too thick. It should be very creamy.
2. Transfer the vinaigrette to a small bowl and, whisking constantly, slowly streaming in the remaining 1 cup oil. Drizzle over bibb lettuce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (325g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 774 (95%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 86g||115 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 50g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 25.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 361.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 687.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.3g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 6.1g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 814
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.