* Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
* Add 1 cup of Shortening, cut in with pastry blender or two knives until pieces are the size of small peas.
* Stir in two eggs, slightly beaten and 1/4 cup of milk (add 1 tablespoon at a time).
* Mix together thoroughly.
* Break dough into small pieces and roll each piece between palms of hands to form rolls about 1-11/2 inch in length. Flatten rolls slightly and roll in 1/4 pound of sesame seeds.
* Place on cookie sheets about 3/4 inches apart.
* Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies are lightly brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (248g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 280 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.1g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||50 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 274.1mg||84 %|
|Sodium 227.6mg||8 %|
|Potassium 237.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 136.6g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 132.9g|
|Protein 18.2g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 890
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.