1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Blend flour and cold butter until only pea size chunks.
3. Add buttermilk and mix gently until a ball of dough forms.
4. Transfer dough to a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Gently pat it out until it is 1/2-inch thckness.
5. Cut out biscuits using a 2-inch floured biscuit cutter, Do not twist the cutter as you press it down. Just use a straight up and down motion. Press together the scraps and cut one more biscuit.
6. Place biscuits so they are just barely touching each other on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Brush with melted butter and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (689g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 468 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 52g||69 %|
|Saturated Fat 30.8g||154 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 129.4mg||40 %|
|Sodium 6209.4mg||214 %|
|Potassium 846.6mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 341.3g||100 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||48 %|
|Sugars, other 329.2g|
|Protein 50.9g||73 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2066
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!