1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut shortening into the flour mixture using a pastry blender.
4. Add milk and stir to mix…about 20 seconds.
5. Turn dough onto a floured surface and form into a ball. Then knead it, and then flatten to a half inch thick (about as thick as your thumb).
6. Cut with a biscuit cutter or into squares.
7. Place biscuits on a baking pan.
8. Put in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Don't put more salt than needed.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (54g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 36 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 3.8mg||1 %|
|Sodium 22mg||1 %|
|Potassium 42.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.8g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 23.8g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 132
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!