To prepare quinoa- rinse it well with a fine mesh colander and let all of the water drain. Add the rinsed quinoa to a pot and double the amount of liquid 2:1 ratio to the quinoa.
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2-quart sauce pan and stir in the quinoa
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 min until all the liquid has absorbed and the little "tail" of the quinoa has sprouted out
3. Let stand for 5 min then fluff with a fork
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin
5. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans, and toss to coat
6. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve
** Tip: Chop all the veggies to approximately the size of the black beans.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (356g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 121 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.4g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 0.5mg||0 %|
|Sodium 332.7mg||11 %|
|Potassium 1354.9mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 102.2g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 87.9g|
|Protein 26g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 624
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!