Set aside the 6 tsp salt and season each step, then adjust seasoning after it has simmered for a while. 6 tsp is the average amount it usually takes, YMMV.
1) Start the tomatoes, beans and spices in the crock pot on low.
2) Soak the dried chiles in the beer for at least an hour or until pliable, stick blend until smooth, strain if desired, add to crock pot.
3) Blacken the fresh poblanos on stove burner (or under broiler, if electric stove); peel and rough chop. Add to the peppers in the beer right before stick blending. If chunks of pepper are desired, either only blend part of it or simply chop fine and add to crock pot.
4) Brown & drain the ground beef, add to crock pot
Saute the onions until translucent, add minced garlic at last minute until fragrant, then add all to crock pot
5) Simmer in crock pot on low for several hours (I usually start it by noon to have ready for dinner).
Serve with toppings as desired. Freezes beautifully. Makes great nachos!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (284g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 476.9mg||16 %|
|Potassium 163.1mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.1g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 15.9g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 144
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!