1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix berries, granulated sugar, tapioca, nutmeg, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon until combined.
4. Mix in butter with dry ingredients, using your fingers or a fork, until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the walnuts if using.
5. Pour the berry mixture into a pie pan. (I like using a glass pan.)
6. Top berry mixture with the oat topping.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
8. Cool for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
-If your berries are fresh and already very sweet, only 1/2 cup sugar will do.
-If you make the crumble ahead of time, place in a 350 degree oven for about 5-10 minutes to warm before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (211g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 65 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.2g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 15.3mg||5 %|
|Sodium 53mg||2 %|
|Potassium 340.1mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 64.3g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 55.3g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 327
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.