Try this Blackened Salmon Tacos recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
For blackened salmon tacos:
1. On a large plate, combine chili powder, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to make blackening seasoning. Stir with a fork to combine.
2. Season the salmon fillets with kosher salt on both sides.
3. Press one side of the salmon down into the blackening seasoning.
4. Heat a large, nonstick sauté pan over medium/high heat and add in grapeseed oil. Once hot (almost smoking) add in fillets, blackened side down.
5. Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side, or until a dark golden crust forms. Flip to the other side, reduce heat to low/medium, and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and squeeze fresh lime juice over the top. Flake the salmon apart with a fork into smaller, bite sized chunks.
7. Warm tortillas on the stovetop over a low open flame or wrap in a damp towel and microwave for 15-20 seconds.
8. Fill each taco with salmon and a dollop of Greek yogurt mixture (see below). Serve 2 tacos per person.
In a small bowl, mix together Greek yogurt or light sour cream with lime juice and a pinch of cayenne. Stir to combine and serve a dollop on top of the salmon tacos.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (329g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9g|
|Cholesterol 124mg||38 %|
|Sodium 340.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 949.4mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 23.9g|
|Protein 51.2g||73 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 473
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Mexican Quinoa Salad
I recommend pairing it with this recipe
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.