1. Use a knife or grater to sharpen the thick ends of the rosemary sprigs.
Soak sprigs in water for at least 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3. Layer each chicken breast with 1 slice fontina and 1 slice prosciutto.
Roll tightly, and skewer each with a rosemary sprig to secure.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the wine, broth, oil and pepper. Pour into a
medium baking dish. Place rolled chicken breasts in the dish. Place 2
garlic halves under each breast.
5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear.
Remove from baking dish, reserving sauce, and allow to stand 5 minutes.
6. Transfer remaining sauce to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Drizzle
over chicken to serve. Season chicken with salt to taste.
Sue's Notes: Lay out all of the chicken breasts and use the whole package
of prosciutto. Try a different cheese than smoke mozzarella - maybe
fontina or gouda. Melt it on top of the chicken at the end of baking time
rather than putting it in the chicken - it melts out into the pan. Also, I
put the rosemary and minced garlic in the sauce - that was fine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (44g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 156.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 46.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 1.8g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 46
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.