1. Place the fruit in a nonreactive pot, add water, and let soak overnight. Remove the fruit and cut into slices about 1/8 inch thick. Return the fruit to the water, place the pot over high heat, and bring to a boil. REduce the heat to medium-high and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
2. Have ready 4 hot, sterilized jars and their lids.
3. Add the sugar to the fruit, stirring until dissolved. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pot and continue to boil until the thermometer reads 220 Fahrenheitm 20-40 minutes longer. After about 20 minutes, the color will deepen to amber, and as the temperature rises, the bubbles will become smaller. v
4. Ladle the marmalade into the jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the rims. Wipe the rims clean and seal with the lids.
5 Place the jars, not touching, on a metala rack in a large pot, and add boiling water to cover by at least 1 inch. Cover, return to a boil, and boil for 15 minutes.
5. Using tongs, carefullt remove the jars from the hot water bath and let stand until cool. To test the seal, press down on the center of the lid and then lift your finger. If the lid remains depressed, the seal is good. The sealed jars can be stored in a cool, dark place for up to six months. If the seal has failed, store the jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1149g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.8g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1979.9mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 129.4g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 28.5g||114 %|
|Sugars, other 100.9g|
|Protein 11.2g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 498
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!