1) Prepare the live crabs by chopping them in half (down the middle so that there is a claw on each side). Pull off their shells and rinse them with water to remove all the guts.
2) Add the Chesapeake Bay Seasoning to a large pot of boiling water. Drop in the crabs and cover. Boil for 6-10 mins, until the legs turn red.
3) Remove the crabs from the pot and let them cool. Get some friend to help you pull out all the meat and discard the shells.
4) While the crabs are boiling, finely chop the green onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Heat the olive oil in a pan and saute these ingredients.
5) Tear the french bread into small crumbs and place in a large miking bowl. Add the sauteed vegetables, crab meat, lemon juice, and eggs. Crumble as much blue cheese as you would like into the bowl. I usually only use about 1/8 of a cup.
6) Use your hands to mix all the ingredients together. Form into a ball and refrigerate for one hour. You can make the crab cake mixture up to a day before a party and keep it in the fridge.
7) When you are ready to make the crab cakes, remove the mixture from the fridge. Use your hands to shape the crab cakes into thick patties, 2-3 inches in diameter.
8) Once you have made the patties, use a skillet to heat the olive oil over medium heat. Make sure that the entire skillet is covered in the oil. Cook the crab cakes in the oil until they are golden brown on both sides. Depending on how big you made the patties, this will usually take between 5-10 minutes.
9) Serve hot as an appetizer (with cocktail sauce) or on top of a leafy green salad. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (65g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 64.1mg||20 %|
|Sodium 62.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 119.2mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3g|
|Protein 2.9g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 56
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!