1. Warm cream in a 1 1/4 quart saucepan by bringing to a gentle simmer over medium-low flame. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring as the cream thickens. Stir constantly to prevent the cream from burning or curdling.
2, Add half of the blue cheese. Using a fork, mash and stir the cheese into the cream until a few lumps are visible.
3. Once the cheese has completely melted, add the worestershire sauce, stirrig constantly to prevent burning.
4. Continue to simmer 3 to 5 minutes more, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
5. Slowly stir in the remaining blue cheese to incorporate it into the sauce. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove to prevent the cheese from melting completely, which would make the sauce runny.
6. Serve immediately over cooked steak while it is still warm and before the cheese has melted, allowing its flavor to seep into the meat just before serving. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (54g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 147 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.4g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 48.7mg||15 %|
|Sodium 546.8mg||19 %|
|Potassium 119.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.6g|
|Protein 8.4g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!