1. Brown the butter by placing it in a small saucepan over medium heat and immediately begin whisking. Stir as it bubbles, and after 2-3 minutes or so you should see brown bits appear on the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat immediately and continue to whisk for another 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C and line muffin tins.
3. Combine the sifted flours, sugar, baking powder, bicarb soda and pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
4. Make the cheesecake filling by whisking the cream cheese and caster sugar together in a mixer/food processor until smooth. Empty into a bowl and set aside.
5. Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla extract and almond essence in the mixer (in the same bowl) and mix until smooth.
6. Add in the eggs and blend another couple of minutes until smooth.
7. Slowly pour in the browned butter and milk and mix until combined – do not overmix!!
8. Slowly add in the dry mix about a cup at a time until everything is combined.
9. Use a wooden spoon to fold in the blueberries.
10. Using teaspoons, place a small amount of batter in the bottom of each muffin cup. Place a spoonful of the cheesecake mix on top of the batter. Cover the cheesecake mix entirely with another spoonful of the batter.
11. Top muffins with coffee crystals (sugar) to give it a crunchy bakery style topping.
12. Bake for 15-18 minutes – they should spring back slightly when touched.
13. Cool for 5 minutes in the tins, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (79g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 19.5mg||6 %|
|Sodium 160.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 100.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.1g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 16.4g|
|Protein 2.6g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 137
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.