1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 10 inch cast iron skillet or a 10x2 inch round baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. For the streusel: place 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, and 1/3 cup cornmeal into a food processor to combine. Add sliced butter, 1/4 tsp. salt, and lemon zest; pulse until mixture comes together in large clumps. Transfer mixture to a bowl and freeze in the freezer while making cornbread.
3. For the cornbread: sift together 1 1/3 cups flour, granulated sugar, 1 cup cornmeal, baking powder, and 1 tsp. salt. Sift mixture again.
4. Whisk together milk, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Stir into flour mixture to combine.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
6.Bake cornbread 10 minutes, remove from oven.
7. Sprinkle blueberries over partially baked batter; top with streusel. Return cornbread to oven and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (25-30 minutes more).
8. Slice into wedges and serve warm with creme fraiche.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (210g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 237 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.3g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 190.7mg||59 %|
|Sodium 122mg||4 %|
|Potassium 289.2mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 55.1g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 503
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!