1) Heat a griddle to 350 degrees F. If you don't have a griddle, heat a large frying pan over medium-low to medium heat. When it is hot enough, a drop of water will skitter across the surface evaporating immediately.
2) Beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla until light and foamy, about 3 minutes at high speed of a standing or hand mixer. Stir in the melted butter or oil.
3) Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt stirring just to combine. A few lumps are ok. Set the batter aside to rest for a couple of minutes; it will thicken a bit as it stands.
4) Drop the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto the prepared griddle or pan; a muffin scoop works well here or just a 1'4 cup. Sprinkle about 1 Tbsp berries on top of each pancake.
5) Cook the pancakes until they are golden brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip them over and cook til the other side is golden, about 2 to. 2 1/2 minutes. (Don't flip them back and forth or they may be tough).
6) Serve the pancakes immediately; or transfer to a platter and keep them warm in a 200 degree oven. Serve wit butter and maple syrup.
You can use skim, whole or in between milk. I used 2%. Whole milk will make the pancakes most tender.
If you use fresh berries, mix them right into the batter. If you use frozen berries it's better to. Scatter them atop the cooking pancakes. If you mix them in they will tint the pancakes an unappetizing green color.
It is better to let the pancake batter rest before cooking the pancakes. It gives the baking powder a chance to start working, and the flour time to start absorbing the liquid, both of which make for fluffier pancakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (277g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 139 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.4g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 537.9mg||166 %|
|Sodium 1992.5mg||69 %|
|Potassium 355.7mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 19.6g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 261
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!