1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine the first listed blueberries and two-thirds of the first listed tablespoons of sugar. Cut a pocket in each slice of bread. Fill each pocket with about 3 tablespoons of the berry mixture.
3. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, the first listed orange juice, orange peel, salt, and the last remaining third of the first listed sugar. Dip bread, without squeezing out filling into egg mixture. Place on greased 15"x10' baking pan. Bake for 7 1/2 minutes on each side, turning very gently.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the second sugar, salt, and cornstarch. Whisk in OJ and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Reduce heat, stir in oranges, and blueberries. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
5. Pour sauce over plated french toast. Sprinkle almonds over the top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (222g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.7g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 6.7mg||2 %|
|Sodium 235.4mg||8 %|
|Potassium 322.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.9g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 29.4g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 199
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!