These quick puff pastry blueberry turnovers are deceptively easy to make and wildly delicious. If you’re truly pressed for time, your favorite store-bought pie filling will bring this recipe together in less than 10 minutes of active prep time. Flaky, blueberry-filled, and drizzled with a zesty lemon glaze, this simple dessert is one you’ll want to consider for breakfast, too! Absolutely no judgment. Consider it a Pop-Tart, of sorts, for grown-ups.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners and set aside. Allow puff pastry to thaw slightly on the counter while preparing the filling.
2. For the filling: In a small saucepan, stir together 1 cup blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and water. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 additional minutes, or until sauce thickens and becomes jammy. Remove from heat and stir in remaining blueberries, lemon juice, zest (if desired), and butter. Set aside to cool briefly.
3. On a lightly dusted work surface, unroll both sheets of partially thawed puff pastry and cut each sheet into quadrants to yield a total of 8 squares.
4. Into the center of each square, spoon a rounded tablespoon of blueberry filling. Brush egg wash along the edges of the pastry square and fold in half diagonally to create a triangle.
5. Using the tines of a fork dipped in water, press and crimp the edges of the pastry together to form a seal.
6. Brush the tops of the turnovers with egg wash and place on prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
8. While turnovers are in the oven, prepare the lemon glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and zest (or extract) until smooth and no lumps remain.
9. Drizzle glaze over slightly cooled turnovers to serve.
You can swap the filling for equal amounts of your favorite canned pie filling.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (90g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.1g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 30.3mg||9 %|
|Sodium 20.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 40.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 4.3g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!