SAUCE: Whisk all sauce ingredients, boil, then simmer until thick.
1. Spray or butter bread loaf baking dish (11x7, glass if possible)--this makes enough for two loaves.
2. Combine milk, cream, sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl; blend well.
3. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter; in each baking dish, arrange slices of bread, buttered side up in a single layer; sprinkle with cranberries and put on the next layer; repeat until bread is gone (three layers)...don't sprinkle the cranberries on the top layer.
4. Pour custard over bread and let stand 15 minutes (I gently press a spoon over the top layer to ensure it soaks).
5. If possible, put pudding dish in larger baking dish with water (if you are using bread loaf pans, a cake dish usually works here).
6.Bake at 350 degrees until set (will be golden brown on top)
You really can't go wrong with all this cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (355g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 413 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.9g||61 %|
|Saturated Fat 19.4g||97 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.6g|
|Cholesterol 1412mg||434 %|
|Sodium 367mg||13 %|
|Potassium 374.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.9g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 63.9g|
|Protein 29.1g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 824
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!