1. Take the pistachios, sugar, rose water and blend in food processor until it forms a soft, malleable, slightly oily paste.
2. Rub your hands with oil, take little lumps the size of small eggs rolling it into a ball; then make a hole in it with your finger and enlarge it by pinching the sides and pulling them up to make a little dome-shaped pot.
3. Fill the hole with about a tablespoon of creme fraiche. Place on a oiled plate.
4. Make a lid by taking a lump the size of a large olive, flatten it between the palms of your hands and lay it over the cream. Stick the edges well together and place the pastry flat-side down in a pastry case.
5. Keep pastries in the fridge until needed; then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
6. For added variance in the fillings, try mixing some kirsch or sabra with the creme fraiche
Go very easy on the rose water. I drip it in during the blending process. Get a heavy hand and you have to either throw it out or double the pistachios.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (17g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 42 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 1.2mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 99.6mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.