1. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in sugar. Set aside.
2. Mix buttermilk with beaten eggs, soft butter and a mixture of baking soda dissolved in the 2 tablespoons of buttermilk.
3. Add to dry ingredients, sifting only until flour mixture is moistened.
4. Fold in caraway seeds and raisins until blended. Put batter into a greased heavy skillet and bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour.
5. When done, serve warm with plenty of butter.
To substitute for the buttermilk, mix 1 3/4 cups milk and tablespoons white vinegar. Let stand for 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2080g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2050 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 227.8g||304 %|
|Saturated Fat 143.7g||719 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 59.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 617.4mg||190 %|
|Sodium 39775.1mg||1372 %|
|Potassium 2761.7mg||73 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 776.5g||228 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 770.1g|
|Protein 38.9g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5129
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!