1. Heat oil in a 12: skillet over medium heat.
2. Add carrots, celery, onion, parsley, ground pork, ground beef, and garlic. Saute 20 minutes. Remove mixture from heat and cool 10 minutes.
3. Assemble Food Grinder, using coarse grinding plate. Turn to speed 4 and grind mixture into a 6 qt. pot.
4. Assemble Fruit/Vegetable strainer and attach to mixture. Turn to Speed 4 and strain tomatoes. Measure out 4 cups puree.
5. Add tomato puree, basic, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper, tomato paste, water and wine to meat mixture. Cover and let simmer on medium-low heat for 1 hour.
Yield 2 quarts.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (258g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 107.5mg||33 %|
|Sodium 2166.2mg||75 %|
|Potassium 732mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 5.8g|
|Protein 26.2g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 253
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!