1. In a small pot, melt the butter and pour over the squash. Season squash with salt and pepper adn roast in a 325-degree oven for 45 minutes.
2. In a kettle, mix squash with water. Add heavy cream and milk and puree using an immersion blender. (You can use a regular blender, it's just a little bit harder.) Add sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander.
3. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and add to the soup.
4. Add the American cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
5. Adjust seasoning to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (158g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 306 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.3g||106 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 114.2mg||35 %|
|Sodium 115.4mg||4 %|
|Potassium 207.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 10.9g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 361
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.