1. Bring water to a boil and add salt.
2. Add beet, carrot and 5 diced potatoes
3. In a frying pan, add 3 tbsp butter and 1 large can tomatoes; simmer
4. Cut two more potatoes (diced), cover in cold water and set aside.
5. Add tomato mixture to water, don't wash pan
6. Add 3 tbsp butter to pan and 1 diced onion and 1/2 shredded head of cabbage.
7. Remove cooked potato and carrot; mash and add 1/4 pound of butter and whipping cream, set aside
8. Add other diced potato with cold water to pot
9. Also add 1/2 head shredded cabbage, green pepper and other 1/2 head shredded cabbage; cook 15 minutes.
10. Take out beet
11. add borscht water to mashed potato mix and then all back to the pot.
12. Boil for 1 hour
13. Add dill and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1580g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 165 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.3g||24 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 45.8mg||14 %|
|Sodium 271mg||9 %|
|Potassium 2563.9mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 94.5g||28 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.5g||78 %|
|Sugars, other 75g|
|Protein 14g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 568
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!