1. Finely chop and mince the onion and garlic. Using a small food processing machine or mini chopper saves lots of time.
2. Once these ingredients are minced nicely place them in a medium sized saucepan.
3. Add all the other ingredients to the sauce pan and stir.
4. Heat the entire bourbon barbecue sauce mixture over a medium heat and bring it to a boil.
5. Once it comes to a boil turn the temperature down to simmer and let it pull the heat in to thicken the sauce for about 40-45 minutes.
6. Every 10-15 minutes stir the sauce and check its consistency.
7. Once the sauce is fully cooked divide it in half. Place half in a small pitcher to place on the table for those who want to add a little extra to their meals. The remaining amount place in a small bowl or leave in the saucepan and bring it out to the grill to baste the foods being cooked.
8. Refrigerate all leftover sauce from the table.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (590g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 90 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3541.6mg||122 %|
|Potassium 982.3mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 150.2g||44 %|
|Dietary Fiber 10.2g||41 %|
|Sugars, other 140g|
|Protein 13g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 830
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!