Please Note: Each serving of this recipe is only good for 1 lb. of chicken, so if you are cooking more, make sure you extend the recipe to make more.
1) Place all indredients in a saucepan and bring to a low simmer. (WARNING!! Please make sure flame is out on gas burners before adding the bourbon!!! Simmer on low, covered for 5 minutes.
2) Strain out ginger and garlic, then remove half of the mixture and reserve.
3) Bring remaining to a boil and continue to boil, uncovered, until reduced slightly and it thickens some (about another 5-8 mins.)
4) Use the reserved amount as a marinade to marinate 1 lb. chicken (preferebly thighs) for a minimum of 1/2 hour but preferably overnight.
5) Use the reduced sauce as a basting sauce to baste chicken while you grill or bake, reserving a little to drizzle on chicken before serving.
Note: If you prefer a stronger ginger and/or garlic flavor, you may crush either (or both) while prepping and leave in.
I developed this recipe based on trying many others and taking the best of each. I found that this recipe more closely matches my favorite delicious local mall food court bourbon chicken. You'd be surprised to know that this dish is actually Asian and did not contain any bourbon until it became "Americanized." It is named after 'Bourbon Street" where it supposedly got it American twist. I have also read that Bourbon Chicken is the number one food sold at mall food courts based on surveys.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1232g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.8g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 56341.7mg||1943 %|
|Potassium 2403.8mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 171.7g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 163.2g|
|Protein 106.9g||153 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1179
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!