1) Place a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. After about a minute, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
2) Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Add the Brussels sprouts and salt, and saute for 5 minutes.
3) Sprinkle in 4 tablespoons water, shake the pan, and cover. Cook over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are bright green and fork-tender. (You might need to add another tablespoon or two of water during this time to prevent sticking. Just keep your eye on it - and your fork intermittently in it.)
4) Using a small whisk in a medium-small bowl, beat together the mustard and maple syrup until smooth. Add this mixture to the pan and stir to combine.
5) Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, topped with a shower of fresh black pepper, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (653g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 42 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.7g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 219.7mg||8 %|
|Potassium 1204.6mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 59.8g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.4g||54 %|
|Sugars, other 46.4g|
|Protein 10g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 296
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!